A fully charged fleet of electric vehicles and 40 or so equally zippy members of the sustainable transport community descended on ECCI on Wednesday 28 November for the Edinburgh leg of the Energy Saving Trust’s ‘Plugging into the Benfits of Electric Vehicles’ event series.
The event aimed to inform the business community (whether large businesses with a whole fleet of vehicles or a small businesses with just one or two company cars) about the benefits & barriers of EVs.
• learn about the business benefits of EVs
• understand the range of financial support and funding currently available in Scotland, including tax incentives
• test drive an EV – Toyota Prius Plug-in hybrid; Nissan Leaf; Kangoo Van ZE
• hear a real life example of how an EV has benefitted a Scottish organisation
• take part in an open discussion about current situation of EVs in Scotland
ECCI’s Sustainable Transport lead Dave Gunn and and four-wheeled enthusiast Annabel Cooper took advantage of the opportunity to test drive a Toyota Prius Plug-In hybrid.
Both were struck by the near silence of the vehicle and the mission-control style dash board which displays detailed information about performance and a state of the art navigation system.